Many people feel stressed out in everyday life and time has become a luxury commodity. It is therefore all the more important to indulge in moments of relaxation and plan your little breaks in everyday life. Wellness treatments are a popular means to unite relaxation with the promotion of health and beauty. We will introduce you to four wellness rituals from around the world that will help you to switch off properly.
1. Sauna as a wellness classic
Numerous spas and swimming pools invite you to relax with a combination of swimming and sweating. The sauna and sauna are elementary components of the Finnish culture.
Also in the neighboring countries Norway and Sweden, sauna is very popular and is used to achieve various positive effects on the body. In Germany, the sauna has long been part of the standard wellness program.
The following effects occur during a sauna session, among others:
- the muscles are relaxed
- The circulation and the immune system are stimulated, so that a walk in the sauna can also be used to prevent colds
- The skin is well supplied with blood after the sauna and thus rosy and taut
There are many different rituals for a visit to the sauna. Likewise, the many possibilities of infusions are used to holistically relax.
2. Turkish bath culture - Hammam
In Islamic culture, the cleansing of the body and thus of the soul plays a very important role. The walk to the bathhouse is a combination of a body cleansing, a massage and a visit to the steam bath. Last but not least, the bathhouses are also the place of communication.
The feeling of well-being in a hammam quickly comes to life: in addition to a scrub and a lather massage on the warm Hammam stone, additional water and a session in the steam bath are integrated into this age-old wellness treatment.
After a visit to the hammam your own energy reserves are recharged, the head is free and the body relaxed and relaxed through the massage.
3. Indonesian inspirations: Bali Boreh
Wellness from the head to the toes promises the traditional Balinese ritual of Bali Boreh treatment. Bali Boreh is made up of various wellness treatments and is great for throwing stress overboard.
After centuries-old recipes herbs and spices are mixed with each treatment unit:
- The ceremony begins with a well-tempered spice bath for the feet, to which two traditional drinks are served.
- A special treat is the subsequent Pijat massage, in which the removal of metabolic waste products is promoted.
- A warm herbal wrap after the massage calms and can lead to a strengthening of the body's defenses.
- Then the body is rubbed in with a refreshing tonic.
- Finally, a special Bali Boreh Balm is applied to the body.
4. Huna Mana - the mussel massage from Hawaii
Huna Mana is a so-called energy massage. It achieves positive and relaxing effects for the body through a combination of traditional techniques and various massage strokes as well as the laying on of shells.
While body tensions can be released from the back of the body with tapping and vibrating massage strokes, the massage is carried out on the front of the body with flowing and quiet grips.
On the face and the front of the body mussels are applied for additional energy. In addition, Hawaiian sounds and rhythms help to a deep relaxation.
Exotic wellness rituals in this country
In order to enjoy these wellness rituals, you do not have to go on a world tour. Numerous wellness studios and spa facilities have taken on exotic care rituals and offer appropriate wellness treatments in this country as well. So: Let yourself be pampered!